A fresh cup of coffee, first thing in the morning, there probably isn’t a better way to kickstart your day! While there are those who prefer to sip a hot cup of joe with milk and sugar as sweeteners, the hardcore aficionados know that there is no substitute for a strong black coffee early in the morning. Now chances are that you might have caught yourself wondering if drinking black coffee on a daily basis is bad for you? Or could there be actual benefits of having black coffee? Confused? Worry not. Sit back and get yourselves a piping hot cup of coffee as we take you through some of black coffee’s benefits and a few side effects as well.
Black Coffee: Benefits
Black coffee is usually made with ground coffee beans and water, it’s that simple. Here’s a pro tip from one of the best coffee brands in India; try using our Signature South Indian Filter Blend, a 100% Arabica dark roast, to brew your coffee. It’ll give your cup a familiar, nostalgic and strong aftertaste, and is the perfect way to perk up your day.
Also Read: How To Brew a Great Long Black Coffee
Black coffee is a boon for lactose intolerant people as no milk is needed in preparing it. A single cup of black coffee, without sugar, has almost zero calories in it. It is also extremely rich in antioxidants, which is a major reason behind most of black coffee’s benefits. Here are a few health benefits of having black coffee.
- Black coffee is rich in antioxidants which help in keeping your blood pressure in check, and there are certain studies that also claim that consuming coffee can reduce the risk of contracting heart-related ailments.
- Black coffee is a calorie-free drink that can perk up almost any diet that you might be on for reducing or maintaining your weight. It is rich in caffeine, and that may stimulate your metabolism, increase your energy level, and consequently suppress hunger.
- Black coffee can help keep your liver healthy. Black coffee helps reduce the level of harmful liver enzymes and can help in the prevention of fatty liver disease, hepatitis as well as alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Reducing stress and relieving tension is another one of black coffee’s benefits. A cup of black coffee can stimulate the nervous system and help boost the production of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin.
Black Coffee: Side Effects
Now that we’ve taken a look at some of black coffee’s benefits, it’s only natural to wonder if there are any actual disadvantages of drinking black coffee. Like everything, excessive intake of black coffee does result in side effects, such as
- Excessive consumption of black coffee can cause stress and anxiety, as it may lead to the release of high levels of stress hormones in your body.
- Too much black coffee can cause sleep disorders and completely disrupt your sleep cycle.
- Excessive caffeine in your system can lead to hyperacidity, heartburn and even constipation.
Also Read: Whip Whip Nae Nae Your Coffee And Make Dalgona Coffee
Coffee has had a bad reputation for ages as an unhealthy beverage, but this couldn’t be farther from the truth. The side effects are just a consequence of having too much caffeine and can also be experienced even when you have too much tea, sodas or energy drinks in a day. When consumed in moderation, black coffee can be healthy too.